Business Plan Consultant
We at Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania are a highly motivated team, working on sustainable agriculture issues, and building value chains from scratch. We demand a lot with offering a rewarding career.
👉For job seekers, order your CV at CV@JobsTanzania.co.tz & for employers start posting jobs for free.
A business plan consultant provides strategic direction by creating or methodically pressure-testing and refining a company’s business plan for an agriculture enterprise, using an understanding of the company’s core operations, competitive advantages, and goals to provide direction on how to structure, run, and grow the business with building on solid financial assumptions. The business plan consultant is based in Morogoro at SAT HQ and will visit clients all over Tanzania, including foreign travels for research on technologies and applicable approaches.
The ideal candidate will have preferably experience in running or advising early-stage businesses, combining the analytical abilities of financial planning with the broad vision of a CEO to provide a roadmap to growth.
- Develop an understanding of the existing business (including products/services, customers, competitors, the overall market and trends) through careful research and analysis
- Understand how major stakeholders are thinking about near-term growth, generally and in reference to specific growth initiatives, through interviews with these stakeholders
- Build a detailed financial analysis showing all of the assumptions, drivers, and financial statements for the next 3 – 5 years, accounting for a conservative, base, and aggressive case
- Conduct a total addressable market analysis for the business’ core market, assess major industry trends affecting the business, and describe what impact these trends may have on the business
- Review research reports and conduct primary research to explore ideal buyer type and assess customer demand for the company’s existing products and services
- Map out direct and indirect competitors, including potential future competitors, for existing and potential revenue channels
- Define a go-to-market strategy, including testing out potential marketing channels (if applicable)
- Review compensation plans and organizational structure to align incentives and ensure the health of the organization in the long run
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, operations, research, statistics, math, economics, or related analytical discipline preferred
- Financial management experience with planning, forecasting, and business analysis; prior experience as an advisor to or executive at an early-stage company a plus
- Preferably experience with agriculture projects
- Advanced Excel proficiency. 3+ years of practical experience of using Excel for building and maintaining financial models
- Proficiency with analytical and presentation tools
- Experience within consulting
- A natural curiosity and a “big picture” mentality
- Experience conducting market research, including analyzing and synthesizing research reports and conducting primary research
- An understanding of marketing channels and go-to-market strategies
- Excellent spoken and written communication; comfort reaching out to and interviewing the company’s management, employees, and customer base
- An application letter describing your motivation for the position
- Recommendation letter
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae with three current contacts of reference
- Copies of relevant certificates, and transcripts
- Self-written business plan
- Current and expected remuneration
Applications should be addressed to
Human Resource Manager
Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT),
P.O Box 6369,
No phone calls or in-person applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, so there is no need to follow up. Applications must apply via online application before 23rd May 2022.
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get Latest Updates for Latest Job Opportunities in Tanzania. Facebook Page – Facebook Group – Instagram – Twitter – LinkedIn – Telegram Channel – WhatsApp Group
To apply for this job please visit survey.zohopublic.com.