Country Operations Manager – (2200002B)
The role holder will be responsible for providing leadership for underwriting, claims, and other areas of general management and ensure delivery of service that meets customer expectations. The role will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- In liaison with the Underwriting Manager, ensure that the underwriting policies reflect the country’s strategic risk management framework and are observed at all times;
- In liaison with the Claims Manager, ensure that the claims policies reflect the company’s strategic risk management framework and are observed at all times;
- Ensure that the company meets operations efficiency in claims and underwriting procedures;
- Carry out market intelligence to ensure the company is in tandem with industry trends and adopts pricing mechanisms that ensure profitability;
- Put in place control mechanisms that enable a measure of service satisfaction by agents, brokers, customers and the regulator;
- Put in place standards for interdepartmental service level agreements that will improve the company’s service ratings;
- Set and monitor operational budgets;
- Ensure that service to customers and procedures meets their expectations
- Manage key relationships with clients, intermediaries and service providers in the market;
- In liaison with the Underwriting Manager ensure that the company has in place a robust and optimal reinsurance program
- Ensure the establishment and management of a versatile risk survey function
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time; and
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
- Performing other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Key Performance Measures
- Risk and control self-assessment score
- Customer turnaround time
- Percentage of staff achieving targets
- Key talent retention
- Percentage of processes re-engineered
- Customer Retention & Renewal retention
- Accountable to Chief Executive Officer.
- Responsible for the staff who work under this position
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other staff members across the business.
- Britam customers.
- Insurance sector players (Insurance companies, reinsurers, reinsurance brokers, loss adjusters, investigators and garages).
- Intermediaries (Brokers, Agents & Banks)
- Regulatory Authorities (TIRA,TRA and other government agencies)
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree; MBA is an added advantage.
- Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII) or equivalent
- 10 years’ experience, 4-5 of which should be in a managerial capacity in a busy environment. Commercial and general management experience in a company of approximately similar size or larger
- Extensive experience in ensuring operational risks are identified and managed.
- Significant experience in process mapping and restructuring to obtain optimal operations with a focus on cost containment.
- A deep understanding of leveraging technology and processes to standardise operations, reducing turn-around times on all key business processes.
- A demonstrated track record in optimising operations to enhance the overall customer experience at all customer contact points.
Organization: International Insurance Business
Shift: Day Job
Contract Type: Full-time
Job Posting: 31-05-2022
Unposting Date: 30-06-2022
Number of Openings: 1
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.