About Driver job
RTI International is the prime implementor of the USAID Jifunze Uelewe activity focused on sustainably improving literacy and numeracy outcomes of “all learners” from pre-primary through Standard 4 in five regions of Tanzania. For the purpose of this program, “all learners” includes, but is not limited to, marginalized and vulnerable girls and boys, learners with disabilities, minority and linguistic minority groups, urban and rural learners, learners affected by crisis or conflict, and those living in poverty.
👉For job seekers, order your professional CV at CV@JobsTanzania.co.tz & for employers start posting jobs for free.
RTI seeks a Driver to provide logistical support to the project activities for the Jifunze Uelewe Project. The driver will support the Administration Manager by providing secure driving services, ensure proper use and maintenance of the RTI international office vehicle(s), assist in providing other related logistics support; facilitating travel, events and to ensure the smooth implementation of regional office activities .
- Serve as a driver/messenger to the Jifunze Uelewe project, driving vehicles assigned to the Project. Such a task should be undertaken in accordance with traffic laws and regulations.
- Keep the assigned vehicle (s) in clean condition and carry out daily routine maintenance checks on the vehicle/s to establish to his satisfaction that it is roadworthy and make recommendations concerning repair and service.
- Maintain the Vehicle logs in accordance with established administrative procedures of the RTI International and the Project.
- Perform such tasks as collecting and delivering documents and materials; facilitate transportation of activity materials/stationery and other Project supplies as well as assisting in following up on papers/ authorization to transport needed resources to Project’ Field Offices and in the field.
- Provide photocopying and small administrative services to the Project as may be required.
- Provide administrative and logistic support to the field activities like attendance registration, meeting venue set up etc.
- Driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items
- Demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with a diversity of people and clients.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor and also by the Project Leadership .
Minimum Required Education And Experience
- Secondary school education with Valid & Clean Driver’s license.
- Vocational training on Basic Vehicle Maintenance skills is an added advantage.
- Very good knowledge of driving rules, regulations and courtesies.
- 6 years or more work experience as a driver
- Safe driving record.
- Ability to manage minor vehicle repair.
- Experience in Field Logistics support.
- Functional knowledge of the English Language both in speaking and writing.
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates of Job Opportunities in Tanzania. Facebook Page – Facebook Group – Instagram – Twitter – LinkedIn – Telegram Channel – WhatsApp Group
To apply for this job please visit rtiint.referrals.selectminds.com.