BRAC Enterprises Tanzania Limited
BRAC Enterprises Tanzania Limited is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position: General Manager, BRAC Enterprises Tanzania Limited
The GM for BETL will be responsible for managing the social enterprise, leading the effective day-to-day running of the business including the efficient application of project resources, supporting data and market insights that inform continuous innovation in the model, and ultimately ensuring the business achieves BETL’s impact, growth and financial sustainability objectives. The GM is expected to have significant experience with for-profit enterprises and successfully manage a team while building their long-term capacity and must be able to work in a very entrepreneurial, self-driving and adaptive environment. Experience with start-ups, social enterprises, financial management, and the education sector in Tanzania is strongly preferred.
👉For job seekers, order your CV at CV@JobsTanzania.co.tz & for employers start posting jobs for free.
Human Resource Management and Development
- Lead the BETL project team (comprising 3 full-time staff currently with anticipated growth over the next 6 months-1 year) and oversee their achievement of KPIs and management of school-level staff
- Support recruitment and hiring of school-level staff including teachers and support staff and also build their capacity
Operations, Management and Resource Mobilization
- Oversee all office functions including payroll, purchasing and procurement, accounts payable and receivable, tuition billing and payment, human resources and personnel management
- Manage relationships, partnerships and knowledge sharing with staff and key stakeholders
- Manage adherence to quality standards in accordance with country laws and regulations
- Lead the BETL team in the establishment of new schools and new mobile ECD centers
- Evaluate and oversee the implementation of a School Management System and other technology options as needed
- Lead the identification, development and implementation of standard operating procedures, as needed
- Lead all project reporting and communications, including to BRAC management, the BETL Board of Directors and project donors
- Support the identification and development of new funding proposals in close coordination with other BRAC staff
Business Planning and Financial Management
- Lead the annual business planning and budgeting process, in collaboration with the BRAC International management team
- Analyze the monthly/quarterly/annual financial performance of the social enterprise and guide the team to take necessary action
- Provide effective financial oversight and budget management for the social enterprise
Monitoring, Process Evaluation and Innovation
- Ensure regular monitoring and evaluation activities are conducted
- Support documentation of lessons learned, challenges and best practices coming out of the start-up and early implementation phase
- Support BRAC International management team with refining the business model based on feedback and experiences gained from the start-up and early implementation phase
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, and encourage others to do so.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field, preferably business administration, finance, marketing, project management, or similar concentration
- Coursework in education or other relevant experience preferred.
The successful Business Manager will need a range of business/ entrepreneurial skills and project management skills. This includes:
- Strong management experience providing guidance to a small team and ability to manage at all levels of an organization;
- A track record of securing different forms of capital investment such as grant funding, social impact investment, debt and equity;
- An understanding of the education sector in Tanzania, and ability to understand ECD from a needs and demand perspective;
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizing skills with ablity to manage multiple, competing priorities with cross-functional teams;
- Practical skills in managing and operating a successful business (social business preferred);
- Strong understanding of business modeling, strategic planning and budgeting;
- Very comfortable with data analysis and financial management;
- Familiarity with accounting software/programs such as QuickBooks
- Excellent relationship building & networking skills to create and sustain relevant relationships with external stakeholders and manage knowledge appropriately;
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience strongly preferred
- Must have experience in running and managing a Social Enterprise in a developing country context, or similar experience that demonstrates ability to manage a start-up social enterprise Working experience in social development sectors, preferably in M&E.
- Must lead a team in a very entrepreneurial environment that requires adaptability and quick innovation, and drive profitability and sustainability.
Employment Type: Contractual
Job Location: Dar-Es-Salaam, Tanzania
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, and current and expected salary at email@example.com
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 60/22 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 31 May 2022
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, gender, or status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get the Latest Updates of Job Opportunities in Tanzania. Facebook Page – Facebook Group – Instagram – Twitter – LinkedIn – Telegram Channel – WhatsApp Group
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.