CRDB Bank Plc
About Head of Strategy Job | June 2022
Our client CRDB Bank Plc, is the leading bank in Tanzania with Tzs 1.0 Trillion Total Capital and Tzs 7.2 Trillion Total assets in the country. With a wide network of 223 branches, 581 ATMs, 17,031 Agents, 2,525 Merchants and 21 Mobile Branches the Bank offers comprehensive Corporate, Retail, Business, Treasury, Premier, and wholesale microfinance services. CRDB’s history of strong leadership and culture of innovation led it to receive “B1 stable outlook” by Moody`s – the highest rating to have been acquired by banks or financial institutions in sub-Saharan Africa.
CRDB is in the third year of its transformation journey, which focuses on becoming a leader in futuristic digital banking, improving customer experience and reducing cost-to-income ratio. The Bank is therefore looking for an experienced and effective leader, with strong business acumen and exemplary ethics to join the Transformation Department as a Head of Strategy reporting to the Director of Business Transformation under the CEO’s office. The Head of Strategy will be responsible for leading the strategy management office and overseeing all strategy formulation and execution activities of the group. He/She will be responsible for obtaining and evaluating information about the industry and market trends, competitive threats, and possible business opportunities. He/She must be aware of potential changes in the market that may affect any areas of the group’s operations. In addition, he/she must learn and understand the internal culture and capabilities of the bank to be able to deliver appropriately.
- Provide leadership to strategy management teams and develops strategic and transformational moves across the business.
- Lead the development and implementation of the business’s strategic objectives in sensitive and high-value business development activities.
- Facilitate cross-functional team collaborations and support executive leadership and stakeholders in developing business strategies, inclusive of long-term goals and objectives.
- Supports top business leaders across the bank in solving high priority operational issues by driving the communication and development of suitable strategies and goals.
- Leads the design of strategy across various high-value business projects within the business.
- Drives the strategic planning process and acts as a trusted advisor to the executive leadership and relevant stakeholders during strategy formulation, development, and execution.
- Lead development of yearly strategies and goals of the parent and subsidiaries, establish measurement criteria to monitor the performance of established strategies consistently, identify deficiencies, and avail actionable solutions.
- Collaborate with executives, senior management, and stakeholders across the group to ensure that the strategies are aligned to advance the overall business strategy.
- Collaborate with Program Office and Transformation Office to drive the business’s key strategic initiatives on various banks’ projects and transformation agendas.
- Perform strategic studies to spearhead the adoption of strategic and emerging technologies to drive digital adoption and innovation across the group.
- Defines the business’s analytical and financial analytical frameworks to conduct analyses and resolve critical business issues.
- Periodically, performs thorough evaluations of business opportunities through analysis of potential business, competitive analysis, financial analysis, market analysis, performance analysis, and technology platforms, and presents the best way forward.
- Provide the senior management and other stakeholders with key insights and feedback on various analyses in the form of reports to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Develop communication frameworks to position the bank and share the bank’s progress with various stakeholders – internally and externally.
- Engage with various external and internal stakeholders’ dialogues to share experiences and gather strategic information that helps the bank shape its direction.
- Skills, both in verbal and written form, are a fundamental requirement for the role. Additionally, the Head of Strategy will also need to have equally good listening skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Management Finance, Economics, Technology, or any other related field from accredited institution.
- Must have at least 10 years of work experience or 5 years in a strategy management position in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- The candidate shall have had consulting experience with top management and a demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional and matrix business environment.
- The candidate should demonstrate vast experience in leading teams through various projects across the business.
- The candidate should demonstrate experience in addressing sensitive business issues by performing analyses and implementing appropriate strategic measures to address the issues.
- A suitable candidate should demonstrate the ability and practical working experience in enterprise change, growth strategy implementation, strategic planning, and complex analysis.
If you believe you clearly meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application, copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your detailed curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current and expected remuneration. To apply, kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via https://apply.workable.com/deloitte-eastafrica/.
Applications deadline is 17th June 2022.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted. All applications MUST be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.