About Program Officer at Pathfinder International job
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
The M- mama program has been designed to contribute to the reduction of maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality through health system improvement and innovative emergency transportation system (EmTS) to strengthen referrals and linkages to services. Pathfinder International Tanzania and Touch foundation with support from Vodafone foundation will implement the program in collaboration with the Government. The Government of Tanzania has approved the expansion of the program nationwide. The positions will be stationed in the following regions of Tanzania: Shinyanga, Morogoro, Lindi, Mara, Simiyu, Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Manyara, Dodoma, Singida, Tanga, Pwani, Dar es salaam, Ruvuma, Mtwara, Zanzibar, Kagera, Mwanza, Geita, Kigoma, Tabora, Katavi, Rukwa, Mbeya, Songwe, Iringa and Njombe.
Summary of the job:
The Program Officer will be responsible for providing technical support to the Regional/Council Health Management Teams (R/CHMT) in the establishment, coordination and scaling up activities related to maternal and newborn emergency transportation system (M-Mama project) in the regions and districts. The Program Officer will be expected to actively participate in the execution of project strategies, activities and development of tools and materials for the project. Will offer support to the regions and district to ensure that all activities are conducted in a timely manner / as planned. The Program Officer will be expected to represent Pathfinder/ M-mama project in partners meetings at local and regional levels, advocate for co-funding and eventual total ownership of the EmTS by GoT through councils’ own funds, leading to sustainability of interventions.
The Program Officer coordinates the assigned program or project. Assists in implementing SRHR strategies and assists in the development of tools and materials for the program or project. Provides technical support to the regional offices and to partners. Represents the program or project in all SRHR related materials and tools development.
- Strategic Plan and Budget Implementation: Works with LGAs and health facilities to advocate for allocation of funds to support emergency transportation / emergency referral using private taxis.
- Program Assessment, Measurement and Evaluation: Work with Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team to conduct research and data gathering on significant and new
- Innovation: Identifies best practices in activities, recommends improvements for program or project performance and assists in sharing innovative methods with partners.
- Technical Direction. Assists in the assessment, coordination and facilitation of provision of Basic Emergency Obstetrics and Newborn Care (BEmONC), Comprehensive Emergency Obstetrics and Newborn Care (CEmONC) and emergency transportation and referral systems in collaboration Council/Regional Health Management Teams(C/RHMTs).
- Project and Management Reporting. Participate in writing and Reviews of quarterly and annual project progress reports and gives constructive feedback on project and Implementation. Assists in the development and delivery of presentations related to the project’s Timely submits a completed consolidated report to MEL team.
- Meeting and Forum Attendance. Attends relevant meetings as well as forums to foster and enhance collaboration and sharing of new and improved approaches, methods and ideas. Uses these platforms and forums to advocate for allocation of resources to support Emergency transportation systems.
- Publications: Assists with coordinating publication of research findings, technical reviews and the development of manuals and guidelines for project related activities.
- Product Development. Develops collaborative linkages and participate in coordination of publication of concept papers and proposals related to the SRHR Coordinate with regions and district teams to develop field work plans to support councils on development of focused maternal health Comprehensive Councils Health Plan (CCHP) interventions and budgets.
- Project Management and Participation: Participates in cross-functional project teams and partners activities.
- Travel required (50% or more)
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Advanced Diploma or Degree or higher in related field
- 4 years of related experience, including work in SRHR
- Experience of implementing advocacy activities at LGA and R/CHMT levels.
Preferred Education, Training and Experience:
- Sound Experience in working with government
- Knowledge of LGA budgeting and CCHP planning processes
How to apply:
Pathfinder is committed to safeguarding and protecting the people we serve as well as our staff. We have zero tolerance for any behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, as well as our staff and partners, including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. Everyone we hire must abide by our safeguarding and related policies, including reporting suspected or known policy violations. By applying, you acknowledge you understand you will be subjected to a variety of vetting checks intended to verify your suitability to work with us.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their application letter and CV, including contact details for 3 references whereby one should be the human resources manager/director of past organization you worked for. The Applications should be addressed to the Director for Human Resources and Administration, Pathfinder International, PO Box 77991, Dar es Salaam or sent via e-mail to Tanzaniaemail@example.com stating the position being applied for in the subject line so that we do not miss your application. Electronic Applications are encouraged.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted, offer and contract will be subject to the donor’s approval.
Pathfinder is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the people we serve and our staff. We have zero tolerance for any type of behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, our staff and partners including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. We do everything possible to ensure that we recruit only those who are suitable to work with for us and expect that everyone we hire will abide by our safeguarding and related policies and will report any suspected or known violations. This job is subject to a range of vetting checks as legally permitted in the country where they are being hired. By submitting an application, the job applicant acknowledges they understand our intent to verify suitability to work with us.
To apply for this job email your details to Tanzaniafirstname.lastname@example.org