About Regional Business Head – East Africa job
Overall responsibility for achieving the assigned region’s business targets and continuously growing it by driving clear strategies and managing efficient business operations through a team aligned, inspired and motivated to deliver their best. Contributes to the achievement of East-West Seed Group’s overall vision, mission, and long-term strategy and translates these into actionable plans at the regional level. Ensures that the business operates in a sustainable manner aligned with the company’s values and principles.
Strategy Development and Execution
- Contribute to developing the overall EWS group strategy by providing valuable business insights from the region. Using their market knowledge and expertise helps enrich the formulation of EWS strategies.
- Leads the team in developing a clear strategy for the region by using market needs, anticipating trends, and identifying the unique and complex challenges and opportunities in the market.
- Ensures regional strategy is aligned with the long-term EWS Group strategic direction and is supported by clear initiatives with a robust implementation plan.
Business Planning & Financial Management
- Leads the development of annual and 4-year business plans and ensures alignment with EWS group targets.
- Sets business targets for the region (i.e., key performance indicators and financial targets) supported by a clear set of actions to drive achievement.
- Identifies resource requirements, including strategic investments needed to support growth plans.
- Ensures alignment of priorities and integration of key activities amongst the different departments within the region.
- Conducts regular business performance review; leads the team to identify, manage risks/opportunities, and develop course corrective actions to minimize or eliminate unfavorable impact on business results.
- Reviews and approves annual regional budget; ensures efficient utilization of funding.
Leadership, Organization and Culture Development
- Sets the tone from the top by role modeling the mission, values and principles of EWS and communicating the right messages to the organization supported by consistent actions and behaviors.
- Strengthens the organization by identifying opportunities for improving capabilities to meet the current and emerging/future business needs. Ensures a robust succession plan in leadership and critical positions for business continuity.
- Manages the region’s overall performance; holds direct reports accountable for achieving their individual and functional team’s targets and ensures that the individuals and team’s successes are recognized, rewarded and celebrated.
- Promotes a work environment that is open, empowering, inclusive and inspiring and supports the company’s aspiration to become a high-performing organization.
Stakeholder and Risk Management
- Identifies and manages various stakeholders (internal/external) by understanding and addressing their needs/issues/concerns and ensuring that they can support the communication of the right information to stakeholders.
- Proactively identifies and anticipates risks that may impact the business and work collaboratively with other functions to developE2 and implement a risk mitigation plan.
- Represents the region in external relations with customers, local government agencies, industry, public and others. Ensures that the corporate image and EWS brand are protected and consistent with the EWS group branding guidelines.
- University degree or postgraduate degree is an advantage
- Experience in general/business management role for a minimum of 5 years in a similar-sized business in a region or cluster of countries with P&L responsibility
- Experience in previous sales and marketing management roles in a seed or related agribusiness, life sciences, chemical or FMCG industry
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.