Grant Thornton Tanzania
About Senior Tax Associate Job at Grant Thornton Tanzania
The overall objective of the role is to drive the Tax unit in meeting clients’ needs in all matters relating to tax.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
– Carry out all assignments in accordance with the Firm’s standards, procedures and methodologies, while conforming to agreed time and money budgets.
– Assist the Managers, Directors and Partners in delivering services to clients in diversified sectors.
– Develop and maintain good client relationship.
– Keep abreast with technical developments in the profession and the country, in order to anticipate client needs, and offer value added and practical business solutions.
– Continuously seek ways to develop innovative practical solutions to clients’ issues/concerns and also provide best practices.
– Prepare and file tax returns on behalf of clients.
– Compile supporting financial statement and documents.
– Oversee work prepared by associates to ensure quality is met.
– Handle TRA audits and respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies
– Perform tax research, staying up to date on changes.
– Provide advice on all tax matters, that will be value adding to clients.
Skills and Attributes:
The ideal candidate must:
-Be able to effectively support all aspects of engagement delivery end-to-end.
– Be a fast learner and analytical thinker.
– Excellent business writing skills.
– Experience working in a complex, fast moving environment.
– Able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
– Be a team player.
Qualifications and experience:
– Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance or other related fields.
– Registered tax consultancy will be an added advantage.
– CPA /ACCA will be an added advantage.
– Good understanding of Tanzanian Tax regulations and Labour laws.
– Work experience from a professional consulting or audit firm will be an added advantage
– A fantastic opportunity to work in exciting professional services firm.
– Continuous learning and development.
– Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams.
– Unrivalled space to grow and be innovative.
At Grant Thornton Tanzania, we aim to offer you all your financial service requirements at one stop. Our key staff are all qualified and experienced Chartered Accountants (with qualifications from ACCA and NBAA). With us, you will get the advantage of dealing with professionals who have obtained experience through major accounting firms.
With over 60 cumulative years of experience, all our team members are well diverse and promise to deliver work with the highest level of integrity.
More than 58,000 Grant Thornton People in over 140 countries are focused in making a difference to clients, colleagues and the communities in which we live and work.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.